Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Holy January!

I really can't believe it is already the 25th of January. This month is seriously flying by. Probably because it has been so eventful already! I realized today that I missed a couple of weekends of the blog, so wanted to get an update in tonight!

My dream of nursing school became a reality this week! I got my official acceptance letter to the BSN Program at Colorado Christian University. I am in the 3rd week of 5 of my last pre-req (Stats... eek!) right now, and then I get a 3 month break (yeah, right!) off of classes before the program begins May 1st. Before Monday I didn't realize that it was possible to feel every imaginable emotion in 12 hours time. I really felt everything... from excitement to worry to anxiety to happiness to worry... you get the picture! The next two years will quite possibly be the craziest time of my life. But I am ready to take it on! Not to mention I have the most amazing support in the world! My parents, who have been amazing my whole life and have encouraged me to always do whatever it is I might currently be dreaming of (and let me tell you... this has changed MANY times) and my fiance who puts up with my craziness every single day. Sometimes I feel like he is always a step ahead of me. We really do make the very best team and I am so lucky to have him. Friends, coworkers, extended family, everyone... I am so blessed and have truly felt it this week! I seriously could keep going on and on!

Now on to wedding progress! Roger and I have found our wedding song! At the beginning of all of this planning we joked that we were going to have the longest wedding playlist in the history of weddings, because there would be so many good songs that came out between then and the wedding. Well we definitely didn't plan on deciding on a small detail like our first dance song so soon, but it has happened! It is a song that we had put on the "short list" thinking that list would become a very long list before too long. It wasn't until we saw the music video that we decided on it, and it couldn't be more perfect. No details... but just know that it's perfect and I've got visions!

The girl's trip to Vegas is pretty much planned! So excited to spend a couple days with the girls looking at wedding venues and having a little fun! This is a part of the planning that I know will be fun! Especially if it means a few extra trips to Vegas between now and then... shucks!

No real exciting dress progress to share just yet, but we're getting there. I finally have my head in a great place again diet and exercise wise and am so excited to post some dress progress soon! My workout this morning was actually a little easier than it has been and it might be time to kick it up a notch! I have lost 11 pounds so far in January and am thinking I might do another fitting soon. Most importantly, though, I feel so great! 

Life really is great and 2017 is shaping up to be one of the best years yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment