Sunday, January 8, 2017

Well hello there, 2017!

     This week I really have been reminded why I started this journey a few years ago. I can truly say, for the first time in a VERY long time, I feel amazing! I really feel like everything is clicking for me again. My workouts don't seem like work, and my will power is so on point that avoiding temptation is almost easy. This is how I felt before, and it feels so good to feel this way again.
     It was a successful week in many ways. Back in the kitchen this week with many home cooked dinners... some in my new Instant Pot (which I absolutely love!!!)! We went out to dinner one night this week, but I was able to stay on track. On The Border actually has a really great light menu, and I was able to stay away from the chips and queso. Was faced with chips and queso again at lunch yesterday, and was able to walk away with a chip count of 0! With great tasting food, you really don't feel deprived at all!
     I refound my love for reading on the treadmill this week too! It is so nice to read something other than a text book... and it makes the time on the treadmill go by so fast! Looking forward to many great reads this year!
     This morning has already been a productive morning, too. Dinners are planned for the week... I've been to the gym... and weekly grocery shopping is done! Lots of yummy dinners planned this week! Really hoping this motivation keeps rolling. It sure does feel great.
     All of this resulted ina 7.8 pound loss this week!!!
     I am even excited about my wedding dress again, which, I have to admit, has been the last thing on my mind for the past couple of months. Hopefully a fitting is in my future... 😊

2 comments:

  1. Hey you~~~this all sounds SO POSITIVE~~LOVED everything I read!!
    What a great way to start 2017!! KEEP IT UP!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Such a great start to 2017! Just have to try to remember how great it feels. I never realize how bad or unhealthy I feel until I'm not anymore.

    ReplyDelete