Monday, January 2, 2017

What a year!

     For the past few weeks I have seen so many Facebook posts saying "Good riddance, 2016" and more comments to the same effect. I really can't say this is true for us. 2016 was a great year for Roger and I, and while I am sad to see it go, I am so excited to see what 2017 has in store for us!
     There were some great additions to our family in 2016! In February, our new niece, Kennedy, was born. She has the sweetest personality and is a total love bug! In March we welcomed a new nephew, Eliason, and in July we were blessed with a granddaughter, Claire. We can't wait to meet these two new loves in July, when we are planning a trip to Minnesota for the 4th!
     We had a baseball road trip through the southern states planned for the summer, but school threw a wrench it that. We made the best of it, though, and were able to make it to 3 new ballparks, bringing our total to 10! In May we went to San Diego where we saw the Dodgers play the Padres -- what a great rivalry to experience! We also got to go to Sea World (which we both loved!), and spent a breezy day at the beach. In July, our baseball travels took us to Cincinnati where we met up with over 100 other "STAMPeders" for the first annual Ballpark Stampede. For those of you that don't know, Roger and I belong to a group of some really great people who share our interest of baseball. We have a Ballpark Passport book that we take to every ballpark with us and we "Get Validated!" at every park. The passport is much like a US Passport and each ballpark has different validation stations, usually guest services or a team store, where we take our passport to get it stamped. I like to call this "getting our stamp on!" Tim, the developer of the Ballpark Passport, is an amazing man (and now a great friend!). He arranged a great day for all of us in Cincinnati. We took a tour of the Reds Hall of Fame and the ballpark, had a question and answer session with some Reds Hall of Famers, watched batting practice, and watched the Reds take on the Diamondback. It was a fun packed day, and we met so many great people! While in Cincinnati, we also got to meet up with my friend Betsy and her husband, Jesse, and daughter, Eisley. We had a great dinner with them at a really great BBQ restaurant! Roger even talked Betsy into taking us to a local brewery near their house. It really was a great weekend! Our final baseball trip was to Atlanta in September. This was the final season for Turner Field, so we knew we had to knock that stadium out before the Braves finished playing there. We were able to meet up with quite a few STAMPeders at this game as well. Roger's cousin, Leah, flew in to Atlanta from Florida and spent the weekend with us. We had such a great time! Along with the Braves game, we went to an Atlanta Falcons game and toured Coca Cola world. Such great memories!
     The Thanksgiving Caribbean cruise is still so fresh in our minds! I think it is safe to say we wish we were still there! We really had a great time with the group we were with! Our dining room servers, Leo and Adis, were awesome and made each night's meal worth going to the dining room for! We spent some time at the beach and got to interact with Stingrays in the Bahamas. Spent another day at the beach (in some amazing water!) in St. Thomas, visited a local baseball stadium (I know, shocker!) in San Juan, and another beach day in Grand Turk. Roger discovered his love for snorkeling on this trip! We had so much fun we already have another cruise booked for next year!
     Oh, and how could I forget.... ??? I got something shiny in May! Ahhh! I am so lucky that this ring represents the love between Roger and I. Every time I look at it, I think about the day I will become his wife. The wedding planning has been so fun so far, and I can't wait to see how the day pans out! One thing is for sure, it is going to be a great day celebrating us!
     School is going great as well. I am just finishing up my pre-reqs and submitted my BSN program application last week. Fingers crossed! I should know by the end of February!
     2016 was great, and I am confident that 2017 will be even better! 2017 is going to be the year I make myself a priority. Not only is it my year to get healthy, but it is my year to stay healthy! Thank you everyone for your support so far. Keep hanging on... the best is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment